Summer Reading Fun @ the Library! @ All Libraries
Summer has arrived, and the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library is ready to explore A Universe of Stories with hundreds of free, fun family programs throughout the coming months. Whether your idea of fun involves exploring the ins and outs of Erie County, curling up under a tree with a good book, or spending time getting active outdoors, the Library has something for you! All 37 libraries and the Library on Wheels bookmobile welcome children and families for summer-long programs designed to foster a love of reading and a sense of discovery.
Check out these fun programs:
- Passport to Reading - Head out on a journey along the highways and byways of Erie County with a goal of visiting all 37 local public libraries for a chance to win great prizes!
- Battle of the Books - All readers are winners in the annual “Battle of the Books.” This popular summertime team trivia competition is for youth entering grades six through nine! The final round is Saturday, August 3 @ ECC South.
- Join us for special storytimes throughout the summer with Buffalo Bisons mascot Celery! Celery visits libraries across Erie County to promote the new book Celery’s Greatest Race.
- Read Aloud - Just 15 minutes, every child, every day!
- Check out the myON Digital Library for thousands of digital books for kids & families. Username: read Password: books
- Don't forget to sign up for the Online Summer Reading Contest for a chance to win prizes including Amazon.com gift cards.
- Plus Read Down Your Fines, Play Down Your Fines, Maker Camp (@ Central Library), fun at Buffalo Waterfront (Canalside Buffalo) on Tuesdays from 11:00 am - 1:00 pm, Library Night at the Ballpark & more!
Buffalo & Erie County Public Library Summer reading is funded, in part, by Ciminelli Real Estate Corporation, Rich Products Corporation, National Fuel, National Grid, WNY Family Magazine, The Buffalo News, Greyline Outdoor Advertising and WGRZ-TV Channel 2.
- Tuesday, September 3, 2019 Show more dates
- All Day Event
- All Libraries