Indie Author Day @ Central Library
For the fourth year, the Buffalo & Erie County Public Libraries will celebrate Indie Author Day as part of a nationwide effort to connect independent writers to their local public libraries and the community.
With the rise of self-publishing services and indie presses, writers have more opportunities than ever to release their work. Indie Author Day celebrates this DIY spirit by providing a forum for authors and illustrators of all genres, backgrounds and levels of experience to come together to connect, celebrate their work and learn about both the craft and business sides of independent publishing from onsite experts.
This year at the downtown Central Library, a revamped Indie Author Day program has been designed to provide attendees with opportunities to build relationships with their peers. Books will be displayed by genre, and authors will be encouraged to circulate throughout the space and to attend presentations on topics such as how to edit, market and publish their work.
Indie Author Day is free, but those wishing to display their books must register using the form below. Space is limited and will be granted on a first-come, first-served basis. This is not a book sale event. Please contact Leah at firstname.lastname@example.org or 716-858-7181 with any questions.
- 11 am: Sign in
- 11 am – 2 pm: Coffee and light refreshments
- 11:30 am – 12 pm: Writer Collaborations in the Google Age with Melissa Kate, Nancy Fernandez & Beth Le Bouthillier
- 12 – 12:10 pm: How to Market Your Book webinar by Lulu
- 12:10 – 12:40 pm: One Writer’s Route to Publication with G. Rollie Adams
- 12:4012:50 pm: How to Produce a Professional Book webinar by Indies Unlimited
- 12:50 – 1:20 pm: Digital Marketing for Authors with Hannah Gordon
- 1:201:30 pm: The Importance of a Quality Book Cover webinar by SelfPubBookCovers
- 1:302 pm: Carry My Book! Connecting with Independent Bookstores with Alicia Michielli, Talking Leaves
- 2 pm: Event ends
- Saturday, October 12, 2019
- 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Raw Space (Behind Collections Gallery)
- Central Library